Tuesday, April 2, 2013

too blessed to be stressed.



Last week, I was beyond stressed out. I have a huuuge semester-long/the-whole-class-is-devoted-to-this-one project. It's due in almost one month and my team has a lot left to do. Besides that, I was practically losing sleep over potentially not being able to fit into my wedding dress [which ended up fitting just fine]. I just had so many things in my mind, I was stressing myself out.

Thankfully, I've been blessed with such a sweet fiancé. Brian is so encouraging when I am stressed. He makes everything seem so simple and not overwhelming. When I was trying to explain why I was so stressed out, I told Brian that the projects seem like mountains in my mind. They are these huge things that can never be conquered. They control me.

Reality is, I control the projects. They can be accomplished when I work little by little on it everyday. Instead of being mountains, they are like pebbles in my hand. When I am finished with one part of the project, a pebble gets thrown out of my hand, and the load is lighter. Soon, there will be no pebbles left.

I was reminded of the verse 1 Peter 5:7 during this time. God amazes me when He brings the perfect verse into my daily life to help me with what I am struggling with. 

Hopefully if you are stressed out you can realize how blessed your life really is!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment